Sunday, October 11, 2009

Phone Call after BEAST

Matt got to call this evening after BEAST week. He said that his team got number 2 overall! I think that means they did a really really good job. He keeps telling me in letters that his flight is known as the laughing stock but I'm starting to wonder how much of that is the TIs telling them they are crappy versus the other flights telling them that.

He told me they have been practicing the graduation ceremony over and over and will continue to because they have to be 100% perfect during the 'real thing'. He also said that one of his TIs said that they don't get an off-base pass on Friday. I'm really hoping that the TI was mistaken. I double checked the schedule the Air Force sent and it did verify that he is supposed to get an off base pass on Friday and Saturday. That doesn't actually mean anything though if his TI won't let him.

We chatted a bit about little things that I don't really remember. Of course he said he misses me and Emmaline and he is grateful for the prayers from everyone. He says he knows it has helped him a lot.

Graduation is in less than two weeks. This week has him doing his final Physical Test. He is drilling all week and cramming in the last classes. Next week he has a few more tests before he recieves his job assignment. So close!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had come across your blog earlier! My son will graduate on October 23rd, which is, I believe, when your husband graduates. My son is in the 322 and they just completed BEAST last week. Their flight got "excellence" (whatever that means - sounds good) and he also got a marksmanship ribbon (47 out of 50). Congratulations on your new Airman and thank him for his service; and yours as well - being in the AF is a family commitment for sure! God bless.