Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Parade in Review

Friday was the Parade in Review. This is the official graduation ceremony where the new Airmen get to put into practice many of the traditions they've learned that have been strong in the Air Force since it began. This is another powerful ceremony. The band played several songs, they had a whole flight marching by with everyone carrying flags (so about 50 flags) and the entire group recited the enlistment oath again.

This is a video of the Parade in Review- I only caught the first few groups. Matt is the fourth group back and I believe he was right in the middle. I'm not sure if you can see him on camera but I saw him as he marched passed. I told Emmaline I saw him and it was some how loud enough that Matt said he heard me again and had to struggle not to smile.


Here is another video of everyone saying the oath of enlistment again. Its the same oath as they said at MEPS when they shipped off to Basic but this time they've actually accomplished something and it seems to mean a lot more.


Here are a few cute pictures: Emmaline wearing Daddy's cover, Emmaline and Daddy smiling at eachother, and Matt saluting in his uniform!

No comments: