Thursday, October 22, 2009

Coin Ceremony

After the Airmen run at 8am we waited around on the bleachers for a few hours until the coin ceremony began. It was so exciting to see the airmen all run in, knowing that within minutes I ws going to see Matt. All the Airmen walked in in formation (I was told there was something like 750 graduating this week) and stood at attention. They passed out the coins, retired the colors and had a few really short speakers. After that was all done everyone was allowed to charge onto the field in order to meet their Airmen. I couldn't find Matt- my worst nightmare. And once I did see him, I lost him again because no one was willing to move out of the way for a stroller (shame on them!).

Here is a video of the coin ceremony. Matt was in the second row of the second group. I really don't think you can see his group very well at all but you can see the closest group better.

Matt's flight walking in (flight 692):

This is a video of Matt recieving his airman coin. His flight opened rank and he was one of the men you could see just as the first row moved forward.

No comments: