Thursday, September 17, 2009

The First Letter

I received the first letter from Matt today and opened it before I even left the mail box. It is only one sheet of paper so at first I was disappointed, I would have loved to have pages and pages. But I understand how busy he is and how constricted his privileges are. Here is a transcript of most of his letter:

Dear Britta
We just got the ok to write letters until lights out. That only give me a few min so please excuse my sloppy handwriting.

Yes, I'm in the 324th training squadron. And this is a rough drawing of our symbol (the Knights). As far as push-ups my first PT day, I forgot to count, but I did about 110 or so. So use that for the amount.

As soon as all family left MEPS they started getting tough on us, but it was nothing compared to what its like here. The flight I'm in (692) has some very slow learners and the MTIs are threatening to recycle the whole group back to zero week. Yikes!

Anyways, onto better news. I took a tram (like we took in Salt Lake City) to get to the airport almost immediately. On the first plane there was a baby that sounded a lot like Emmaline, that was pretty touch on me.

The rest of the trip was ok. That first night everyone was yelling at us and what I got for dinner didn't sit well with me, so the next day and that night I was shivering and constantly felt like I was going to throw up. Thankfully that went away after about 36 hours.

We had a shake down our second full day here, after we got our ABUs and put our civilian stuff away. The MTIs took the batteries out of all our phones and electrical devices before we put those away as well.

Anyways, I'll write more before I'm able to send this off, we now get ~15 minutes each night, but can't send them off until Sundays.

Then again, we didn't get to write last night so...

Matthew

So...I did edit a few things out, my prerogative :) I am assuming by Matt's comment that he has to mail letters off only on Sundays that I should be able to expect a letter every Wed or Thursday. But at the same time, I can expect that all I want and the military has the right to change anything without notice.

Don't forget to write and send Matt well wishes. Keep him in your prayers- no matter how bad the group is, I don't want him sent back to week 0! Any prayer you can send his way will help, I know it!

No comments: