Thursday, September 3, 2009

Another Phone Call...Yea!

Matt called again tonight. I was floored! I got that email from the LDS missionaries today and wasn't expecting any sort of contact from him for another week or more. I heard the phone start ringing and my caller ID said 'Call from...210...' and I sort of froze and said 'thats him! that's matt's number!' and it took me a shaky moment to get the phone open!

When I said 'Hi' Matt said 'oh, sorry, I must have the wrong number' and I was like 'no, no, no! Matt, its me!' and we got to talk for 7 whole minutes! It was heaven. (7 minutes in heaven...hehe).

He told me that there are some guys in his flight that he is shocked hasn't gone home because they've gotten in so much trouble. And they keep getting the group in trouble- which makes me frustrated because that means that I don't get calls and letters. He said that physically he is in the middle of the group (which I expected) and that he has a few friends but he mostly just talks to whomever is around at the moment. He is doing okay and surviving. His voice sounded better this time than the last phone call- he didn't sound like people were about to eat him or something.

He does need to know who all is going to graduation. If you are wanting/planning on going but haven't voiced that to me, I need to know within a matter of a few days. Anyone is welcome to come that wants to and I'm sure Matt would appreciate seeing you there.

Oddly enough, I only cried a few happy tears at the end of this phone call. I've been so emotional all day that I'm surprised that I didn't cry buckets.

1 comment:

r.l.secor said...

Hey Britta

I tried to read the rest of your posts, even just skimming them makes me feel that shaky body, heart racing feeling you described when answering the phone. All these years have passed and those feelings come back so strong. What a blessing to get to see a picture and that he has contact with the missionaries! Amazing on both counts!!!!

Hang in there.
Hang in there.
Hang in there.

I remember if I ever sent goodies they would also make him eat it ALL right on the spot and they'd make random people read things out loud.

CRAZY!

-Becca
Becca