Saturday, October 30, 2010

My 1st Trip/ Tour in Korea

My first tour that I got to take here in Korea took me to a couple of different places. We started at the Chikso Waterfall, or more specifically the trail head to the waterfall. There was a lot of beautiful mountains that surrounded us the whole way there as we hiked in, as well as a frozen over lake at about the half way point.

Some of the trail was more finished and had steps the other areas you had to watch your step a little bit to not trip over roots or broken rocks.

After about 20 minutes or so of hiking in we arrived at the view point of the waterfall. I took a few pictures then I saw a trail that led up to the top of the waterfall and got all the way to the head of it.

On the hike back to the bus I could hear some chanting echoing through the mountains. That really made me feel like I was in a oriental film. :)

Just outside of our next destination was a bunch of shops and some restaurants. This was my lunch (green onion pancake). It had squid, sliced carrots, green onions and scrambled eggs cooked on top of a pancake batter. It as Really Good!

The second place we got to see was the Neso-sa temple. Here are two of the guardians near the entrance.

Some of the temple housing. I wasn't allowed to take any good pictures of the actual Buddha temple, but the architecture of the buildings is beautiful. If you look really close the is another house up in the hills in the background too.

Some people were drinking the crystal clear and very cold water from this fountain, I'm not sure what it was for (good luck maybe).

Our final tour spot for the day was at Pyonsan Beach. There really wasn't much there to see or do, but I skipped a few rock, which is a lot easier to do on a lake or somewhere without the waves. :)
And since I was missing Britta and so I could have at least one cute picture I could show her, I wrote my love for her in the sand.

No comments: