Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Graduation

Matt graduated several weeks ago but I was hoping that the missionaries from his Tech School ward would send me pictures they took. Hopefully I get them eventually but I figured I'd post right now.

Matt graduated as the Distinguished Graduate for his class. This requires that he recieve over a certain percentage through the entire class (I think its something like 98%) and that he have no discipline issues or anything else that would cause his teachers to disqualify him.

Its pretty cool that he recieved this award. It does not come with a ribbon or a certificate but it does come with a congratulatory letter. This letter is given both to him and to his new supervisor in Kunsan. Basically, by graduating with Distinction his next supervisor is told how great and wonderful Matt is which can lead to better jobs, leadership and possibly ranking up early. All good things!

I'm sorry I didn't end up having pictures to post. Matt has now been in Korea for a week and a half, 50.5 weeks to go!

1 comment:

Crystal and Billy said...

Congrats, Matt! Can't wait to see the pictures of the graduation, and of Korea!