Saturday, August 29, 2009

First Phone Call

I was totally expecting Matt's first phone call home to come tomorrow because thats what everything I read said- Sunday. But lo and behold, my phone rang this morning and I got to hear Matt's voice on the other end!

I had been forewarned that they might sound scared and not okay. I had been forewarned that the call would consist of an 'I'm fine' and the address. But it didn't stop me from bawling my eyes out when the call was done. It was so good to hear from him.

He was able to tell me to not send anything other than pictures and letters- which I pretty much knew. I asked if he was going to write home soon and he told me that they had their letter-writing privilages revoked because some guys tried to write home too early. Darn them! He didn't say for how long but I have a suspecion that it'll be at least another week before Matt can send anything home- and by then so much will have happened that he may not have time to write it all.

Anyway, here is his address for those of you who wish to send him well-wishes.

AB Beach Matthew A
324 TRS/FLT 692
Dorm B 8
TSC 3
1320 Truemper St Unit 362917
Lackland AFB, TX 78236-5570

Remember, if you do write, don't say anything stupid or embarassing because there is always the chance that his comanders will read the letters. And don't send any inappropriate pictures (I don't figure anyone actually would) and I wouldn't expect a direct response back, at least, not right away.

Thank you all for being supportive!

No comments: